It happens a lot......Muscovites!!

 I was sitting here one day admiring my Ottomans. I do that a lot.

Then, as is my wont- I started admiring my Renaissance Poles. I do that a lot too.

Then...I figured,  well..who else can I collect that I could admire....hmmm well....someone to fight the Poles...and to fight the Ottomans........well why not?

So I started 'window shopping' via the 'net. I do that a lot too.

I was looking at The Assault Group website. I do that a lot.

And ..well, like magic...all these figures appeared. That too happens a lot at my place... ....they just magically arrive on my doorstep.




The command stand- painted.









The paints came out..and hey presto....painting happened-- that happens a lot around these here parts!!



Big Streltsi Unit - Pike and shot!


Streltsi

Boyars!


Streltsi- shot only.

The nobles- looking formidable enough to take on Poles and Turks!!



Some Cossacks!

Guns too!


The whole force so far- and more to go.





22 comments:

  1. Very nice they look, too. TAG certainly make some excellent figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith - they certainly do! It was the figures that made me decide to do the Muscovites.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully painted figures, John. I say that a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Neil! I am very happy how they have turned out!

      Delete
  4. Hahaha John. But you'll need more than that :)
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rich- yes..you know it..I know it .....time to buy more.

      Delete
  5. Nice a fun looking army and something different 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt- yes- I don't know anyone who has a Muscovite force...and am finding it hard to get flags!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  7. The Streltsi are extremely colourful units, once started of course one will need more.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- At least 3 or 4 more - just for starters. And all different colours!

      Delete
  8. A wonderful blend of nice castings well painted and a cautionary tale of wistful thinking. The Muscovites should be fun to get on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- They have some unusual features- and a mix of eastern and western troop types.

      Delete
  9. LOL love it. Stop looking at them! Assault Group do have some very nice sculps. i cannot blame you. Great paintwork as usual...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GW- I can't help it...... I spend way too much time looking- and then buying!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's a home grown set that has one unit/one base.

      Delete