Renaissance Poles

I once had a 25mm Renaissance Polish army, a long time ago and sold them off to start my ACW stuff. But I had a yearning to rebuild one. So, after painting up some winged Hussars earlier in the year (see previous post) I decided that they looked rather lonely sitting on my shelf - right next to a couple of hundred Ottoman Turks. So they clearly needed some support!!

So over the last few weeks I painted up some Pancerni from the  "The Assault Group" to go with them and some Hungarian Haiduks for fire support!

So a small force....but growing....... 

( I know it's growing....I ordered some Tartars, Cossacks and artillery.)

















All the Haiduks.

The whole lot....so far....

The General in front!




10 comments:

  1. Looking lovely. What size bases have you gone for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm! All the cavalry are 120mmx 80mm. When I do the Tartar light cavalry they will have 3-4 on a base but same size.
      The Haiduk Infantry are 120mm x60mm (because they are all "shot only")

      Delete
  2. These are really fantastic figures John and the basing really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine looking army, John! I, too, like Impetvs-style basing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan- Impetus are not my ancient rules of choice- but the basing is great!

      Delete
  4. Really nice John. I purchased a lovely Essex Polish Renaissance army from Gary at Tin Soldier when I was living in Sydney and after all these years I’m about to get it out. That wasn’t yours was it mate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carlo, funnily enough, it was Essex...and I did have it up for sale at the Tin Soldier. I used the proceeds from the sale to buy a lot ACW figures that were up for sale in the shop.....back in the early 90s. It's possible!!

      Delete
    2. Mate I’ll send you a few photographs - were they all based on a light wood that was almost Balsa?

      Delete
    3. LOL...yes- there was a unit of Reiter, with yellowish/buff coats- Polish style dragoons with red jackets- the infantry were in the firing pose holding axes- blue jackets I think and red pants.

      Delete