Terrain

 I had an itch to make some terrain...but couldn't decide time frame or period...and then made the mistake of watching the old "The Mummy" movie  with Brendan Fraser...and couldn't resist......hmmm...Hamunaptra !!

Egyptian terrain it was!

Do I have any ancient Egyptians? No.

Crusaders and Fatimid Egyptians? No

Napoleonic French and Mamluks? No

So???

Well I do have a set of rules and some figures for an Osprey set call Gods and Mortals.....so Egyptian myths I guess. Close enough!
I didn't really have to 'make' anything. all of this was either 3D printing or aquarium supplies or columns for wedding cakes from Spotlight! Some glue, some paint, some sand and some MDF bases with a few other bits and pieces.

All the Egyptian style pieces sitting completed on my work mat.











I should have rolled out the 'desert mat' earlier!













The ruleset for a quick fun game!



So as I had Greeks and Egyptians, I added a Greek style temple too. I've got the figures..and the terrain- time for a game!



Anubis figure!


Mummies and support!


Yes....Spartans from the movie 300....

And a large 'Ares' figure.

I think I've had this figures since I started paying Dungeons and Dragons when I was 12!



10 comments:

  1. Excellent work on the terrain - there are some great sources once you start looking but the 3d stuff can also be a bottomless pit. I also love the egyptian chariot.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rich ! It's just about all 3D from ebay. I like the chariot too....maybe I need to do an army.

      Delete
  2. I love your architectural pieces. I could use these for my Biblical games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great John - I too have some of the pillars and from exactly the same source - Spotlight, Pukekohe! I do like the two or three groups of statues - they are the 3D printed stuff I guess - they look good. My idea is this type of terrain will work well for my Pulp Games, if/when I ever get back to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith- the spotlight columns are ubiquitous! Yes- now Pulp games - that's an idea.

      Delete
  4. I think you should be investigated by the relevant Antiquities body. Some of the pieces look authentic !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil- authentic? Don't tell anyone!!

      Delete