VIKINGS!!

 Well, it had to happen. 

I have Normans.
Ross has Normans.
I have Anglo-Danes.

And someone keeps whispering "1066" in my ear. I swatted him away, but he tried the other ear. 
Knock it off Paul!!

Oh well, it was inevitable:
So I ordered some...and then some more..and some more....it's easy to do ...it's just a few clicks on my computer...and some numbers change in my bank account.

So simple!!










The whole lot so far.





A unit of berserkers waiting to be flocked.



Another unit waiting to be flocked!



More on the painting blocks.



Hordes of them!



One thing I can never really get straight is the shield transfers...my mates all make it look so easy..mine suck.  Especially that one in the middle of this picture.
But that's ok.....Wait till my boys get on the table!!



Close up...and they look deadly ( well that's my view until someone threatens me)









Close up ....and when enlarged it,...realised that there was bits of flock on the figures.....oh well...early camouflage and concealment. 

Berserkers.....



Ok...so now I've got the Anglo- Danes ( Anglo-Saxons), and Vikings and Normans......where's that map....campaign time.



14 comments:

  1. Very nice acquisitions John. They look fantastic and the games you guys play are always pretty spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlo- looking forward to getting them on the table- Gate Fulford and Stamford Bridge for starters...then maybe some earlier ones too!

      Delete
  2. You know it makes sense :-) lovely collection, my own 1066 waits patiently in a painting queue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Norm......thank you, Another couple of units and the painting queue ends!

      Delete
  3. Glad you succumbed to the ear whispering inspiration John - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith- yes the 'whispering temptation' AKA Paul- he's a great mate...but he leads me astray!

      Delete
  4. They look great and like you say time to get a campaign started

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil- you bet. Working on a map now!

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking figures Must resist I don’t need vikings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick- don't resist- just buy some- take it from me- it's easy!

      Delete
  6. Nice one. You need to watch all the tv shows now as well...lol nice models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes GW- I have..and that's the other reason I painted all these up!

      Delete