Great Northern War- How many periods can a figure junkie be collecting??


It had to happen: I've got books, I read other people's blogs and have cut out all the relevant articles in wargames magazines.....Barry Hilton and the League of Augsburg blog- I blame you......And now that I'm sitting on my butt in isolation.......

It's fascinated me for years, so I've started putting together a Great Northern War collection.
I don't intend to let this get too big- perhaps a 8-10 or so battalions a side with 12-15 squadrons plus some guns- I've got Danes from my WSS and Prussians ( for the later stages) as well as Ottomans to fight the Russians and my red coated British troops could double up, with a suitable flag change,  as Saxons.....

I think I'm nuts.
The Brothers think I'm nuts.
My wife knows I'm nuts.
More figures.
More space taken up on the my shelves.
Less cash in my wallet.
Oh well alea iacta est!

The Swedes.- I know the infantry need flags and I will need a lot more if i'm going to take on all those others!

















The Russians


I still need to add flags.




Dragoons

Dragoons

Dragoons

More Dragoons.

And Dragoons

Any cuirassiers?...er no... any heavy horse?...er no....any light horse?...i could do some Cossacks...but I do have lots of Dragoons!


The Danes








The Ottomans ( well - some of the infantry at least!)









The Prussians








18 comments:

  1. Well they certainly all look the part John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another impressive collection, John. Fabulous seeing the troops out for a parade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes JF, I'm getting bored with no games- so i just keep taking pics of my figures!

      Delete
  3. First class units John, simply superb...great flags as well btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. I hope to get gaming soon! To see if they fight as well as they look.

      Delete
  5. This is a simply stunning collection - a friend is very keen on The Great Northern War and looking at your collection, I can see why - fantastic stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking in. It's a period I've wanted to do for years! Finally getting my act together.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha. I'll joing the ranks of those who say you're nuts. But why not. I also have books and looked - but I have so many projects the willpower is still strong in me to resist.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then I'm proud to be nuts! ...you can resist?....the Force is strong in you Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Appreciate your support!

      Delete
  9. John, tremendous and vast work! What an incredible assembly of troops.Your tables must creak under the weight! I am sure the battles look spectacular!
    Always roll'em high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barry- i wish i could say my generalship and die rolling were as good as my figures....no chance!

      Delete