More Malburian Mayhem

My young son asked me to play a game of my 'musketeers'. It took me several seconds to realise that he wanted to play with the ever expanding Marlburians. So we emptied the table in the garage of the usual garbage and laid out some nice terrain. Allies (Prussians and British) versus the army of Louis XIV. I was the allies and my boy was the Sun King! The French Cavalry advance!

The Prussian Cavalry awaits Louis' troops

The Table!

Hordes of French Cavalry...'Vive Le Roi!!"




The French Guard advance throught the center towards the allied line.

The allied commander....it was a humiliating defeat...so this wasn't Marlborough. The great man never lost!

British Troops fire at the advancing Frenchmen. Above and below!
The rear center of the allied line. This came under heavy attack by the Guard Francais and supporting brigades who fought their way through the village (just visible on the right) and caught the allies in a poor position to stop them once they were in the open ground. The French cavalry smashed my (allied) right flank and it was all over bar the shouting....and my 10 year old sons' victory song.....'I beat daddy..I beat daddy...nyah nyah nyah.'. Oh well I can still beat him in an arm wrestle!!

The later stages of the game when the allies had been forced back and the French were running amok.
Some brave French infantry..painted by me!

2 comments:

  1. Good photos. I don't play Marlburian myself, but very nice stuff.

    Good luck on the blog. It can be addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!! Yes...it becomes a case of gaming to blog...or blogging to game!!

    ReplyDelete