More painting- 105 figures!

 A couple of boxes have arrived recently with 5 regiments of Great Northern War Swedes- from Warfare Miniatures and a packet of gun crew. These are the last of my GNW figures to finish off the Swedes. 

And yes I still blame Barry Hilton- it's not enough that he sells me the figures but the relevant books as well. The man just keeps feeding my addiction. ( Thanks Barry!) 

Russians are ready. Ottomans are ready.

Now I just have to finish off the Swedes. 5 Infantry Regiments to go: the first unit is undercoated and ready to go!

Undercoated- first regiment to get started on.





The other four packets and the gun crew.



The gun crews.

what's this? Damn it- the swords for the unit that I already undercoated- I forgot to glue them on....
too damned impatient to get started.



The rest of the Swedes waiting for the last five regiments...






The Russians...also waiting.


Russians and Swedes on the top shelf. Swedes on the middle shelf, Ottomans on the bottom.
There's a lot more Russians in a couple of boxes too.


14 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful army, John. GNW seems to be an up-and-coming period. Keith, over at http://1808534.blogspot.com/ is building up a Swedish army as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan- it's nearly done. I will have a look at Keith's blog!

      Delete
  2. Wow that s a lovely collection John....and now I realise why you have suddenly visited my blog and commented on my own efforts in this area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- I like your army- it gives me inspiration for working on mine!

      Delete
  3. Nice work. Gotta agree, Barry's a bad bad man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray- yes he is- feeds my addiction, keeps me broke and stuck at my painting desk.

      Delete
  4. John the Russians already looked great and now these are going to be wonderful all on the tabletop.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, I'm hoping to get all my GNW up and running by the end of the year.

      Delete
  5. Fingers crossed for the end of the year, figures are to your usual high standard .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely collection! Top marks and I am glad to see my reputation as a peddler of addiction has preceded me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barry- yes your reputation is well established in these here parts!

      Delete